Gingery Pineapple-Strawberry Lemonade
Lemonade of any kind is absolute delight to your taste buds but the addition of tropical fruits always brings an extra vibrant fruity goodness to it. Pineapple is rich in Vitamin C, antitoxins and manganese helps improve immune system. It has B vitamin which aids in energy production thus it prevents us from feeling lethargic in summers. Similarly strawberries lower the risk of stroke and help regulate mood. The strawberries contain the omega-3 fatty acid alpha-linolenic acid, which has been proven to improve mood which is I believe very snapping in deadly heat of summers.
- Pineapple- 1/2 (chopped without skin)
- Strawberry- a handful ( chopped )
- Lemon- 1 medium sized (Remove the skin and keep it)
- Sugar / honey – as per required
- Ginger-1 and 1/2 inch piece ( chopped )
- Water- 2 cups
- Normal lemonade- made with 1 cup of water ,1 lemon and enough sugar
- Ice cubes- as per needed
- Mint leaves – for garnishing
Add all pineapple pieces, strawberries, ginger, and lemon with 2 cups of water along with enough sugar or honey in the blender. Give it a toss and make a good smoothie out of it. Now strain it twice or thrice to get a more watery form consistency. Lastly add this mixture with regular lemonade and serve it chill with chopped fruits and mint.
Lavender- Lemonade with Honey
This home brewed lavender Lemonade with Honey is what one needs to try out in summers or at least once on lifetime. It has such a distinctive taste and aroma with ample of vitamin C. Lavender has lots of mental and physical benefits. It helps you in revitalizing your brain and relive stress, depression or anxiety. It promotes blood circulation, lowers elevated blood pressure, and reduces hypertension. It helps in relaxing your nerves and giving a calm temperament.
- Bring 2 1/2 cups purified water to boil in a medium pan. Cool it down and add 1 cup of raw honey.
- Add 1/4 cup fresh lavender blossoms to the honey water, cover, and let steep at least 20 minutes or up to several hours, to taste.
- Strain mixture and compost/discard lavender
- Pour infusion into a glass pitcher
- Add 1 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice and approximately another 2 1/2 cups of cold water, to taste. Stir well.
- Refrigerate until ready to use, or pour into tall glasses half-filled with ice
- Sit on the porch a spell and enjoy!
Muskmelon, Coconut and Orange Drink
Coconut water is known for its concentrated minerals, electrolytes
• 2 cups or ½ a muskmelon, cubed
• 1 orange segmented
• 1 ½ cups coconut water (1 large tender coconut)
• ¼ tsp black salt
• Mint leaves for garnishing.
Combine all the ingredients in
Grapefruit and rosemary drink
This delicious drink is a perfect refresher and will certainly wow the guests. Grapefruit is one of the most favorite citrus of all time. The drink is a sweet and sour taste with a gorgeous fainted pink color. Grapefruit has lots of remedial properties. It is extremely high in antitoxins and vitamin C. it promotes immune system and is extremely good for diabetic patients. Eating grapefruit aid in heart health and reduce the risk of kidney stones.
- 2 cups fresh pink grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup of the rosemary simple syrup
- 4 cups water
- Rosemary Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
In a small pan add water and sugar together and give it a slight simmer do not let the liquid boil as it will crystallize. Remove it from the stove and put 3 sprigs of rosemary in it and let it steep for at least an hour. This will cool down the syrup at room temperature, once its done place in the fridge for at least 5 or 6 days.
Add 1/2 cup fresh pink grapefruit into a serving glass. Add 1 Tablespoon (1/2 oz) of rosemary simple syrup. Stir. Fill the remainder of the glass with water (about 1 cup)
Cucumber and Mint Limeade
Cucumber is probably the most well-known hydrating food items of all time. Cucumber and lime are full in electrolytes with which are deprived of in summers due to profuse sweating. Therefore we should always have a drink beside us that keeps us hydrated and full of vitamin A and C. It prevents us from heat stroke thereby giving a fresh and cooling effect. Cucumber and lime detoxify and replenish your body with fresh burst of energy and essential nutrients.
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 4 sprigs of mint, de-stemmed
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup sugar/honey/jiggery
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 1/2 cups filtered water
- 1 cup ice
- cucumber spears, mint leaves and lime wedges to garnish (optional)
Blend all the ingredients in a powerful blender, pour it out in glasses and serve when extra chilled. This is one of the old conventional lemonade but it does wonder every summer. To make it more digestive and good add a pinch of black sesame seeds.
Kick-back this summers with some of the healthiest chillers!