Connect with us

Entertainment

Sunday’s Oscars viewership hits four-year high on ABC

Sunday’s Oscars viewership hits four-year high on ABC

Published

on

Sunday's Oscars viewership hits four-year high on ABC

Sunday’s Oscars telecast that honored atomic bomb drama “Oppenheimer” reached a four-year high in viewership with an average audience of roughly 19.5 million on ABC, the Walt Disney-owned network said.

The audience grew 4% from last year, when 18.8 million people watched the film industry’s highest honors.

“Oppenheimer,” the blockbuster biopic about the race to build the first atomic bomb, won seven awards on Sunday, including best picture.

On social media, the Oscars ranked as the No 1 program on Sunday night, generating 28.5 million interactions, also roughly 4% above last year, ABC said.

Advertisement

The #Oscars hashtag was the top trending topic in the United States on X throughout the telecast, and the most-used hashtag on X worldwide on Sunday, the network added.

Jimmy Kimmel returned to host the ceremony, and the show earned generally positive reviews. The festivities started an hour earlier than usual, a move designed to capture more viewers.

“It turns out that great wins, emotional speeches, Ryan Gosling singing, and John Cena getting naked are all you need to produce a great Academy Awards ceremony,” wrote Kevin Fallon of The Daily Beast.

The show celebrated two of last year’s highest-grossing films, “Oppenheimer” and feminist doll adventure “Barbie.” It featured memorable musical numbers, including Gosling dressed in hot pink to perform “I’m Just Ken,” and comedy bits such as John Cena’s appearing naked to present best costume design.

Viewership of many awards ceremonies has dropped in recent years as audiences have ditched traditional television for streaming and social media.

The highest-rated Academy Awards telecast was in 1998, when megahit “Titanic” swept the honors. More than 57 million people tuned in that year.

Advertisement

In 2021, in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic, Oscar ratings hit their low point with 10.5 million viewers.

Entertainment

Virat Kohli’s restaurant set to open in Hyderabad

Virat Kohli’s restaurant set to open in Hyderabad

Published

on

By

Virat Kohli's restaurant set to open in Hyderabad

Hyderabad, known for its rich culinary heritage, is all set to welcome a new celebrity-owned restaurant.

We are speaking about the launch of One 8 Commune, an eatery owned by none other than cricket icon Virat Kohli.

After winning hearts in Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata, and Bengaluru, One 8 Commune is set to open its doors in Hyderabad.

The excitement is palpable among Virat Kohli’s fans as One 8 Commune prepares to make its mark in Hyderabad’s bustling Hi-Tech City area.

Advertisement

Located at RMZ The Loft, Knowledge City, the restaurant is poised to become a go-to spot for both tech professionals and families looking for a dining experience that combines style and comfort.

The anticipation has been building ever since the official Instagram page of One 8 Commune teased Hyderabadi foodies with a post captioned, “Hyderabad – Are you ready? Opening soon in the heart of HiTec City.

Get ready to level up your communing experience.”

The restaurant is now taking reservations for the 24th of May and onwards, signaling the start of a new chapter in Hyderabad’s dining scene.

Launched in 2017, One 8 Commune has quickly become a favorite among food enthusiasts, known for its comfortable and authentic ambiance.

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Sania seems happy as she shares nameplate for her house with son Izhaan

Sania seems happy as she shares nameplate for her house with son Izhaan

Published

on

By

Sania seems happy as she shares nameplate for her house with son Izhaan

Sania Mirza is currently enjoying a peaceful life with her son Izhaan Mirza Malik who is said to be affected by his parents’ divorce. 

A while ago, she gave a peek into her happy life with her little boy and her best friends.

Amid a busy work schedule, Sania Mirza is making sure to spend some time with her son Izhaan and unwind with her besties too.

She shared a photo gallery consisting of all the wonderful memories she made in the past days.

Advertisement

The photo dump opened with a nameplate with her and her son’s name on it.

She also dropped multiple selfies of herself and Izhaan. In one picture, there’s a coffee cup that reads, ‘Choose to be happy’ while another says, ‘Fueled by caffeine and sarcasm.’

Soon after, her friend and actress Sagarika Ghatge Khan went to the comments section and showered red hearts on those wholesome images.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Entertainment

Ranbir Kapoor’s film ‘Ramayan’ halted over copyright issue

Ranbir Kapoor’s film ‘Ramayan’ halted over copyright issue

Published

on

By

Ranbir Kapoor's film 'Ramayan' halted over copyright issue

 It has been rumoured that Ramayan has been halted.

The film stars Ranbir Kapoor as the lead character of Ram.

According to reports, allegations of copyright infringement have led to the pausing of the shooting schedule.

Producer Madhu Mantena was apparently part of the original production team.

Advertisement

Although he backed out of the film, Madhu has reportedly requested the crew to halt production until a few copyright issues are sorted.

A source stated: “Filming continued for a few days after the notice, but has been on hold since last week.

“The legalities need to be sorted out and filming will only resume after a consensus is reached on the matter.”

In May 2024, it was also reported that producers intended to increase security on the film’s set.

Ramayan is set to be directed by Nitesh Tiwari, and will also star Lara Dutta, Arun Govil, and Sunny Deol.

Advertisement

In April 2024, it was announced that Yash was signed as a co-producer for the ambitious project.
Delving into his involvement, he said: “As a third-generation filmmaker who has spent the last thirty years building a garage start-up into the world’s largest and most celebrated company in its field, I feel that all of my experience has been leading to this moment.

“Our interpretation will be told without compromise and presented in such a way that Indian hearts will swell with pride to see their culture brought to the rest of the world in this way.

“We are assembling the very best global talent – from our filmmakers, to our stars, to our crews, to our backers and investors – to tell this epic story with the care, attention, and conviction that it deserves.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © GLOBAL TIMES PAKISTAN